Motorcycle Insurance Maryland: The Thrill Without the Large Bill
Better coverage means peace of mind.
Getting your ride is generally one of the most exhilarating times in your life.
If you feel a good motorcycle insurance plan is a ‘wasted’ expense, reconsider that thought. Insurance coverage is much more about dealing with the specific hazards of street riding. And knowing that a severe body trauma bike crash occurs every 6 minutes in America should make you want to be covered as best you can be.
Bike burglary is additionally on the rise—and only 20-25% of motorcycles that are stolen are ever located and recovered.
Without being insured, it just takes one incident to potentially empty your savings, and hinder your ability to pay health-related costs on your own.
Great motorcycle insurance coverage may just be the best ‘accessory’ you ever get for your bike.
Motorcycle coverage options:
There are state-mandated minimums, of course, but we recommend you consider other insurance options, which are reasonably priced protections that can make a future incident much easier to take, like:
- Additional Liability Coverage should be considered. Having both liability insurance for others, and uninsured motorist coverage at higher limits, you place a better hedge of protection against financial loss.
- Collision covers you when the accident is your fault. This insurance pays (less any deductible) to repair your motorcycle.
- Comprehensive protects your investment against fire, vandalism, theft, hail damage, storms, and other non-traffic incidents.
- Roadside Assistance can be a life-saver if you ever break down far from home. Roadside assistance covers jumps, gas, or towing your bike home or to the nearest repair shop.
- Bike Accessories Coverage will replace or repair expensive customization and accessories on your bike.
- Total Loss Insurance pays to replace your bike with a new one, not just give you current (lower) fair market value.
- Trip Interruption Coverage helps cover hotel, food and a alternate transportation when a breakdown or a covered loss occurs more than 100 miles from home.
- On Road Insurance for off road vehicles protects your dirt bike or ATV while on the road—highly recommended.
We find you additional discounts:
As a Harford County independent insurance brokers, we use several A+ rated carriers to ensure you get the very best coverage in motorcycle insurance, and the lowest premiums. You may qualify for specific discounts, including:
- Reduced fees for Harley Davidson’s
- LoJack discount
- Safety course discount
- Motorcycle endorsement discount
- Multi-policy discount for combining with homeowner insurance or other vehicles