Have questions? We are always here to help!
Landlords Need Specific Protection…
Potential lawsuits are an ongoing risk for property owners who are landlords.
Without proper coverage, claims could even end up costing you your property.
Landlord liability coverage can protect you from the many risks of being a landlord–liability if someone is injured on your rental property, or if you are liable for damage to someone else’s property.
Landlord liability covers tenant injuries due to property maintenance negligence. It may also cover attorney’s fees and court judgements against you for these issues.
Landlord coverage may include:
- Personal Injury Protection if a tenant claims injury due to libel, slander, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Coverage for Tenant injuries due to a physical aspect of your property, like uneven sidewalks causing a tenant to trip and fall, or a weak deck rail that gives way. If you don’t warn a tenant about any possible risks, or make efforts to correct a problem, you could be found negligent.
- Negligence for improper security for your tenants in terms of security lighting and providing safe parking.
- Failing to act to stop unlawful behavior by tenants could bring suits from neighbors.
- Liability claims of accidental damage caused by your investment property.
- Fair Rental Value Coverage protects you against loss of income if your property is unrentable due to a covered incident.
- Inflation Protection that adjusts your policy limits automatically and can include discounts on your premiums.
- Lock replacement coverage to replace locks and keys.
Discounts on Landlord Insurance policies are available for multiple properties, new/renovated homes, and possibly more. Call our Bel Air commercial insurance agents today at 410-803-2600.
"Amanda was very friendly and helpful during a big step in our lives (buying our first rental property). She gave great advice and created a plan to cover all of our insurance needs, even when a few obstacles arose. All of our questions were answered promptly throughout the process, and my husband and I truly appreciate her service!"
—Linda Chern Zvitkovitz
"Amanda has been beyond amazing! She helped me with home insurance last year, and helped again when I had to use the insurance just a few months after settlement! I have now switched my car insurance to Nationwide! I would recommend anyone to this office knowing they would get the absolute best customer service! Thank you, Amanda, for all you have done!"
"AWonderful customer support at all times. Always ready to help at any time. Courteous, professional, knowledgeable. Immediate and supportive response when claims made."
—Meg Bates Jones
"Amanda was simply amazing! We had a horrible experience with Allstate and she helped make the transition super smooth to Nationwide! Allstate messed up our cancellation date and Amanda handled everything, we didn’t even have to send her any paperwork, it’s nice to know you’re being taken care of especially when it comes to insurance!"
—Meg Bates Jones
—Grace M. Manger