Have questions? We are always here to help!
Your Most Valuable Resource
Health insurance coverage is a huge part of attracting and keeping a quality team of employees in your business. Let us take the hassle out of acquiring affordable health insurance for your employees.
Who needs a Group Health Plan?
Going into business brings risks for you and your employees. Group health insurance helps mitigate risks for you and your staff.
Consider group health insurance if you are:
- Self-employed — to protect yourself against unexpected medical costs of long-term illness or hospitalization.
- A business owner who understands that health insurance is a benefit much sought after among a qualified workforce. Attract and keep the best employee team with an attractive group health insurance.
Health insurance can provide:
- Medical care at reduced rates. Insurance companies ensure discounted rates with health care providers, greatly reducing the costs of a regular checkup or doctor’s office visit.
- Exorbitant medical costs can even lead to bankruptcy when hospitalization costs become oppressive.
- Health insurance helps keep your workforce working, and improves your bottom line.
- Most group health insurance gives your team access to a broad network of quality health care providers.
- Offering regular checkups and preventive care helps maintain a healthy workforce that is an asset to your business.
- Health insurance protects your business, as well as your employees.
- Health insurance benefits are an incentive to attract quality talent to your company, and possibly increase your bottom line.
Types of Health Plans:
There are two primary categories of health insurance for small business owners and self-employed persons to choose from:
- Individual and Family Plans purchased by individuals to cover themselves or their families. Self- employed persons often purchase these kinds of plans, even though some may also qualify for small business/group plans.
- Small Business/Group Plans that are employer-sponsored health coverage. Costs are typically shared between the employer and the employee, and coverage may also be extended to dependents.
After that, there are more plan options to choose from:
PPO / Preferred Provider Organization plans are the most popular for individuals and families. It’s your responsibility to make sure that the health care providers you visit participate in the PPO. A PPO plan may be right for you if:
- Your doctor already participates in the PPO
- You want to direct your own health care, and can work with the predetermined preferred provider list
HMO / Health Maintenance Organization plans offer health care services through a network of providers that contract exclusively with the HMO, or who agree to provide services to members. An HMO plan may be right for you if:
- You’re willing to coordinate your care through a primary care physician, and follow the rest of the HMO guidelines
- You enjoy preventive care such as coverage for checkups, immunizations and similar services
HSA-eligible plans are usually PPO plans with higher deductibles, designed for use with Health Savings Accounts (“SAs”). Similar to a flexible spending account (FSA) or 401(k), an HSA is a special bank account that allows participants to save pre-tax money specifically for future medical expenses in the future. An HSA-eligible plan may be right for you if:
- You want to pay for health care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- You’re relatively healthy and don’t need lots of care or doctor visits
- You prefer a cheaper monthly premium even if it means having a higher deductible
- You want to “roll over” your contributions each year
Indemnity plans allow members to direct their own health, visiting any doctor or hospital they like most. Because of this freedom, Indemnity plans are sometimes more expensive than other types of plans. An Indemnity plan may be right for you if:
- You want the greatest level of freedom possible in choosing which doctors or hospitals to visit
- You don’t mind coordinating the billing and reimbursement of your claims yourself
"Amanda was very friendly and helpful during a big step in our lives (buying our first rental property). She gave great advice and created a plan to cover all of our insurance needs, even when a few obstacles arose. All of our questions were answered promptly throughout the process, and my husband and I truly appreciate her service!"
—Linda Chern Zvitkovitz
"Amanda has been beyond amazing! She helped me with home insurance last year, and helped again when I had to use the insurance just a few months after settlement! I have now switched my car insurance to Nationwide! I would recommend anyone to this office knowing they would get the absolute best customer service! Thank you, Amanda, for all you have done!"
"AWonderful customer support at all times. Always ready to help at any time. Courteous, professional, knowledgeable. Immediate and supportive response when claims made."
—Meg Bates Jones
"Amanda was simply amazing! We had a horrible experience with Allstate and she helped make the transition super smooth to Nationwide! Allstate messed up our cancellation date and Amanda handled everything, we didn’t even have to send her any paperwork, it’s nice to know you’re being taken care of especially when it comes to insurance!"
—Meg Bates Jones
—Grace M. Manger